
Some of you may have heard me talk about a radio show based out of Birmingham Al that I listen to quite frequently. The name of the show is Rick and Bubba. Let me give you just a little background on their show. They are two very strong Christian men that are not ashamed to share the gospel on the radio. They are on all secular stations so their opportunity to reach people is a great on. Rick and Bubba both share on a daily basis what their relationship with Christ means to them and their family and this past weekend something happened that has given them both the chance to live out what they talk about everyday. On Saturday night as Rick was in Gatlinburg speaking at a youth evangelism conference put on by Scott Dawson evangelism he received a call from his wife that there had been a terrible accident and their youngest son, Bronner 2 years old had fallen into the swimming pool in their backyard. Undoubtedly, Sherri, his wife had put their 3 boys, ages 7. 5. and 2 in front of the TV with a movie and went to quickly take a shower. When she came back to check on them Bronner was gone, as she frantically looked for him, she discovered his body in the swimming pool. He was pronounced dead at the hospital a short time after. You may wonder why I am sharing this story with you. This has touched my heart so deeply that I had to share it with those I am close to. Yesterday, they had a celebration for Bronner and Rick his father spoke at it. His words moved me so much and I wanted you to hear them as well. Rick spoke about being honored to have Bronner for 2 years and that he knew beyond a shadow of a doubt that God would take this and use it for His Glory. And let me tell, you after listening to their radio show (minus Rick of course) the last 3 days, peoples lives have been changed. People have renewed their commitment and countless people have called and said because of all this they have given their lives to the Lord. How awesome that this little boy's life and how is parents are living out what they have preached all along is making such and impact. I guess the thing that struck me the most and why I am sharing all this with you is Rick said that he really felt like in the weeks and months before this he felt God really preparing him for something big. Obviously, he would have never dreamed this, but it happened and he made the statement that he felt prepared to deal with, because he felt like he was right were God wanted him. That just spoke volumes to me. If that happened to me, could I say "You know spiritually, I am right were God wants me to be able to handle this situation" and I just have to be totally transparent and say "NO WAY" It really woke me up, God wants us to be obedient, He wants us to be in His word, be in constant prayer so that when bad things like this happen. We can say, no matter what it is well with my soul because He is in control. I am attaching the website for their radio show and on that they have put Rick's talk from his son's service. I would encourage you that if you have 20 minutes to take time to watch it. I know it will speak to you like it spoke to me. Thanks for letting me share this with you. I would not normally write so much, but this is an event that has really touched my heart and changed me. Enjoy!!!
https://exchange2k7.sbts.edu/owa/redir.aspx?URL=http%3a%2f%2frickandbubba.com%2f
Have a blessed day!Julie And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose for them. Romans 8:28
1 comment:
Bubba goes to our church. This was an awful tragedy. But it was beautiful to watch the Body come together for this family.
Post a Comment